Setting Goals for Yourself When Writing

Hey all, so today I am going to be talking about setting goals.

Are you a procrastinator? Do you put it off until the deadline is tomorrow?

If so, goals might be a great idea for you...

My goal is to write one chapter a day of my novel. Your goal can be anything you want! 300 words, 1000 words, I don't know. But make it reasonable and make it something that you have the ability to follow. Then create a log showing the days you did it and the days you didn't. That way you can know if your goal is too easy or too hard.

I think that a reasonable goal for you is to look at how much you have done. If you are only 1/8 in, I would try to write a chapter/page or two a day, as you will get more work done in the long run. If you are 1/2 in,  I would try to write 3/4 to 1 chapter or one page a day. If you are basically done, I would write about 300 words or less a day until you have the ability to revise.

If you keep at these goals, you can see that it is a lot easier to create an amazing piece that isn't choppy and shows that you have been writing everyday.

Hope this helps! Please comment and follow!

Thanks to new followers! ILYSM

Thanks, MIC ;)

Comments

Popular Posts