Metaphors

Hey all! Today I am going to be talking about the power of using a metaphor when writing.

Metaphors are very similar to similes; they do mostly the same thing. I mean, they both compare something with another thing to display a better description of the first thing.

But unlike similes, metaphors literally use a comparison abruptly, not using a word such as "like" or "as". Metaphors can be used a lot, but they can get very monotonous at times.

Here are some examples of metaphors:

The horse's braying was a bulldozer in motion.

I was lost in a sea of nameless faces.

(Source for the second one:
http://www.ereadingworksheets.com/figurative-language/figurative-language-examples/metaphor-examples/)

The first one was an original one, and I have to admit, I hated it, so I went online and found a better one to share for you.

Metaphors can be used to create powerful pieces of writing, and are perfect for people who have problems with writing or explaining the descriptive parts of books/life.

I hope you enjoyed and please comment below on what you think I should blog on next!

Thanks, MIC ;)

Comments

Popular Posts