HOW READERS READ: DIFFERENT GENRES

Hey, guys! Today, I am going to be talking about how readers read from different genres.

I don't know if it is just me, but I have realized that when I read different books from different genres, I tend to analyze and read it a little differently, depending on the genre. (YES, I do know I used "different" about three times in one sentence, but you just have to live with it :D).

If you do this while reading or find any of this relates to you, comment down below!! Thanks!


FANTASY:
We readers tend to get very into fantasy novels. Since they are long series generally, we sometimes miss a little detail or something that a character has done before and it can make us confused. However, most fantasy novels make readers want to keep on reading until the book or series is finished. When it is done, they usually want to read more and more. Because these are all so long, this will probably take us longer to read.

CONTEMPORARY/ROMANCE:
We readers blaze through these rapidly. Or maybe that's just me. But I tend to go through contemporary novels like "THIS" *SNAPS FINGERS*. Anyways, we also tend to not think as much or analyze these books as much, and I like to read romance novels as a "fun" book on the side of my fantasy novels or school reads.

MEMOIRS/(AUTO)BIOGRAPHIES:
We readers generally read memoirs in a more serious reading outlook. We like to make sure that we get the facts straight, and provided there are images, we spend time looking at the pictures. We also like to analyze more of the book and we are sometimes surprised at what has happened in the person's life.

CLASSICS:
We readers tend to take longer when reading classics, seeing as there is generally more description and detail and the "old English" makes it a little bit harder to read and understand. We also tend to be a bit more bored it seems, and it takes us a lot longer.

HISTORICAL FICTION:
We readers mostly read historical fiction like contemporaries... or like fantasies. Different readers read historical fiction in different ways. Some go right through it super fast, and some take forever. I am part of the latter group, but I don't generally ever read historical fiction, so... I can't really make a 100% perfect judgment.

SCI-FI/MYSTERY/THRILLER:
I don't really have a real opinion on this, seeing as I never read anything from these genres. I think that I go a bit faster if it's mystery or thriller, and sci-fi takes me a little bit more, seeing as I'm not at all interested in it.

WHAT DID I MISS? PLEASE COMMENT DOWN BELOW!! :D

Malayna Chang


Comments

Popular Posts