Writing Too Much

Hi all! Happy Belated Halloween!

Anyways, today I will be writing about the topic of being too verbal or wordy: when you write too much.

In writing, this is definitely my worst problem. I am a very fast typist, not to brag, but I always end up typing WAY too much, and it always goes past the max and I have to end up deleting stuff :(

When I write essays that have a max of pages that I can write, this is definitely my hardest problem. I always go past the limit, and I sometimes even get points marked off! I know that teachers limit pages to make sure that it makes it easy for them to read, and also to grade. They are also INCREDIBLY nice to students by giving a max of papers that they can grade, and kids don't have to worry about the length.

I find that when I write, I tend to use too many lengthy words, or at least, repeat too many things too many times in too many different ways. Writing isn't the easiest thing in the world, and that is one of the reasons that I hope you are reading this.

I think that what you can do if you have this problem is try to get around the max in some way :) or at least try your best to write under the limit by...

*Writing less if it is possible
*Limit long words that might confuse readers
*Try not to repeat
*USE PUNCTUATION INSTEAD OF THE WORD "AND"

OK, that is all I can give you for tonight. Please, please, please comment!

PS Try to avoid repeating words unless absolutely necessary (in that case up above, on the three "please" words, it actually counts, so please follow the words)! :)

Comments

Popular Posts