Book to Movie Adaptations

OK, I know I haven't been posting any writing/reading ideas/tips in a while, so here we go!

Today I will be talking about book-to-movie-adaptations of anything.

First, I will name a few really good ones:

*Harry Potter (series)
*The Lord of the Rings (series)/The Hobbit (series)
*The Fault in Our Stars
*Twilight Saga

Those are just the first four that popped into my head. Comment below if you have another one you would like me to add...

Anyways, I think that these are all really good movie adaptations to books. I think that the fact that in Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling worked really hard in the movie production itself, it shows that the movie is really close to the book, and no details are missed, and barely anything is changed. I think that a lot of people like it when the movie follows really closely to the book. I personally love it when I can see my favorite scenes re-imagined, and I can get a whole new view on how I thought of that scene, or that character, etc...

But I have to say, there are some movie adaptations that changed the whole story! I don't think that that is a bad thing. Let me give an example:

*Nerve by Jeanne Ryan

I am currently reading this book, but I have already watched the film (twice), and I feel like the whole book is really different from the movie. I do not think that that is a bad thing: I love both the book and the movie exactly the same. The book is not what I expected, but I think that the general idea is really good. More on iRead later on...

OK, I just want to say: some people like a different movie, and some people hate it. I think that I like it better when it is the same, but going back to Nerve, I feel like if I had read the book before watching the film, I probably would have liked the book a lot better than I do now. Not that I don't like the book. I would rate it 4.5 stars, but only because of the movie that has already infiltrated into my mind.

Please comment below on what you think about this post, or about anything you want (please keep it related to this blog or this post, and no hate/mean comments). Thanks so much for reading and WRITE! Thanks, MIC ;)

Comments

Popular Posts