Long Books VS Short Books

Hey guys! So I know I haven't been blogging here lately, and I'm sorry about that. So today I decided to do one today!

Today I will be talking about the effects of long books versus the effects of short books. I have to admit, I like longer books better, but shorter books can still leave a huge impact on readers.

LONG BOOK EXAMPLES
-The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
-Harry Potter and the... series by J.K Rowling
-Keeper of the Lost Cities series by Shannon Messenger

SHORT BOOK EXAMPLES
-Time Between Us series by Tamara Ireland Stone
-The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
-The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

All six of these examples are great books. All of them make an impact on most readers and are awesome books, depending on how old you are or what genres you like.

Longer books tend to make readers have a longer adventure. I like them better because it takes me longer to read them and gives me more time to be lost in the story. They also have great places to put in red herrings and surprise the reader by the end, seeing as how long the book is and how a reader might forget a certain detail that the author wanted them to forget.

Shorter books are short and sweet and generally leave you with wanting more. I hate that feeling, which is probably why I don't like stand-alone short books as much as some others. Shorter books also are easier to concentrate on and as a result, harder to surprise the readers with a small twist at the end, though the first two examples I gave still managed to give surprises to many readers.

Longer books sometimes aren't favored, especially by people who don't like to read. Longer books make some readers feel scared or daunted by just the sight of them, and can make them feel as if they are never going to get through it. Shorter books make less experienced readers happier, though more mature readers can also enjoy them. I think that the only shorter books I like are romances or are contemporary realistic fiction. :D

Ok, that's it for today! Comment down below on what books YOU like to read! Thanks so much!

Comments

Popular Posts